What is a Game Room? What are must-haves for a gaming room?
A game room is a space designed specifically for gaming and entertainment purposes. These days the game rooms are designed as smart rooms; you can control the mood and lighting using your phone. To create a game room, here are some things you might want to consider having:
- Comfortable seating: The most significant part of any gaming room is the gaming chair since you will be on it the whole time (XD). Gaming chairs are specifically designed for long hours of gaming and provide comfort even during extended sessions.
- Gaming equipment: This includes the consoles or PC, controllers, and any other peripherals necessary for playing games. Mostly, a game room design will have a gaming PC that supports RGB Lighting. The RGB lighting can usually be controlled by the gamer’s preference through various software or via their phone.
- Display: A big-screen TV, projector, or computer monitor is essential for a gaming room. Size is not everything but in this case, size does matter. Besides, the size resolution of your display will also impact your gaming experience.
- Lighting: Proper lighting is vital in a game room. You can use ambient lighting or accent lighting to create a specific mood. We specifically recommend RGB panels on a wall instead of simple bulbs because they are aesthetically more pleasing and can be modified to design different shapes on the wall. RGB LED strips are also used to accent the main lighting.
- Sound system: Good sound quality is necessary for a gaming room. A surround sound system or high-quality speakers can make the gaming experience more immersive. Besides RGB sound bars, RGB Headsets are also a viable option for your sound system since they will make your setup more pleasing to the eye.
- Storage: You’ll need a place to store your gaming equipment and accessories. A cabinet, shelf, or dedicated storage unit can keep everything organized. Besides that, RGB gaming desks are also available nowadays.
How To Plan For A Game Room
To plan a game room, you must consider the space you have available, your budget, and your gaming needs. Here are some steps to follow:
- Determine the purpose of the game room: What type of gaming will you be doing in this room? Will it be for console gaming, PC gaming, or both? Generally speaking, you would want multiple displays if you want to use the game room for both; so factor that in as well.
- Measure the space: Measure the dimensions of the room to determine how much space you have to work with. Are you going to be using this room for just gaming? Are you planning to use this room for anything besides gaming?
- Create a budget: Decide how much you want to spend on the room. Make sure to budget for furniture, equipment, and decorations. When making a budget for your gaming room, try to balance it with your budget for your gaming PC.
- Choose a theme: Decide on a theme or color scheme for the game room. This can help guide your choices for furniture and decorations. If you already have a gaming PC then the theme choice should be suited to that PC. For example, having a white case while designing your whole theme to be in dark colors would be unpleasant and make your system look out of place.
- Plan the layout: Determine where you will place your furniture and equipment. Make sure to leave enough space for comfortable seating and movement around the room. Besides that also pick out the walls you want to use for the panel and the like.
- Purchase furniture and equipment: Buy the furniture and equipment you need based on your budget and layout plan. Look for deals and discounts, trust me decorating a room can get out of hand real quick.
- Decorate the room: Add decorations, such as posters, action figures, and artwork, to give the room a personal touch.
Overall, the key to planning a great game room is to prioritize comfort, functionality, and fun. We hope this article would give you a clear idea of what are the things you might need for your game room setup. We have shared some of our existing game room designs and how they were planned what was procured and where can you get them from in these articles, be sure to take a look. If you want more ideas make sure to checkout here.