- Compatibility: The motherboard supports 3rd generation Intel CPUs and 2nd generation Intel Core CPUs with an LGA1155 socket, which makes it compatible with a wide range of processors.
- Features: The motherboard has two DDR3 RAM slots, six USB 2.0 ports, and integrated graphics with a D-Sub port and a DVI-D port.
- Price: The motherboard is reasonably priced for a budget option and offers good value for money.
- Limited features: The motherboard has limited features compared to higher-end models, such as fewer RAM slots, USB 2.0 ports instead of USB 3.0, and no support for advanced graphics cards.
- Older technology: The motherboard is based on older technology, which may not be suitable for high-end gaming or demanding applications.
- Limited upgradeability: The motherboard may not be able to support future CPU or technology upgrades, which may limit its longevity.
Humidity can play havoc on a motherboard’s circuitry.GIGABYTE’s new Glass Fabric PCB design helps protect against electrical shorts due to humidity by reducing the gaps in spacing between PCB filaments.
GIGABYTE motherboards feature High Resistance ICs which help protect the motherboard against electrostatic discharge.
Power Failure Protection
GIGABYTE also uses Anti-Surge ICs to protect the motherboard against power surges
Gigabyte Touch BIOS
Navigating through the BIOS to change system settings can be a daunting task for users not familiar with control “F” functions and mouse-less navigation. While some EFI BIOS try to address this with a mouse-friendly environment, many implementations still lack a certain ease-of-use necessary for most people. With GIGABYTE Touch BIOS™, GIGABYTE engineers have completely re-imagined how users can interact with their BIOS, allowing for a more intuitive user experience. In fact, with a touch screen monitor, GIGABYTE Touch BIOS™ is as easy to use as most apps on your iPhone.
Designed for PCI Express Gen.3 Support
The GIGABYTE motherboard is fully configured to provide gamers with the latest Gen.3 PCI Express technology, delivering maximum data bandwidth for forthcoming discrete graphics cards.
* PCIe Gen. 3 is dependent on CPU and expansion card compatibility.
Intel® HD Graphics Core 2000/3000 Enhanced Visual Features
Intel® Quick Sync Video
Intel® Quick Sync Video provides breakthrough media processing for incredibly fast editing and sharing.
Intel® InTru™ 3D
2nd Generation Intel® Core™ Processors offer an outstanding Blu-Ray Stereo 3D experience in full high definition resolution (1080p) with HDMI 1.4.
Intel® Advanced Vector Extensions (AVX)
Increases the performance of Accelerated Floating Point and Vector Computing Intensive Applications with minimal power gains.
Full Specifications Of Gigabyte GA-H61M-S Motherboard
|CPU||1. Support for Intel® Core™ i7 processors/Intel® Core™ i5 processors/Intel® Core™ i3 processors/Intel® Pentium® processors/Intel® Celeron® processors in the LGA1155 package |
2. L3 cache varies with CPU
(Some Intel® Core™ processors require a graphic card, please refer to “CPU Support List” for more information.)
|Chipset||Intel® H61 Express Chipset|
|Memory||2 x 1.5V DDR3 DIMM sockets supporting up to 16 GB of system memory|
* Due to Windows 32-bit operating system limitation, when more than 4 GB of physical memory is installed, the actual memory size displayed will be less than 4 GB.
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for DDR3 1333/1066/800 MHz memory modules
Support for non-ECC memory modules
(Please refer to “Memory Support List” for more information.)
|Onboard Graphics||Integrated Graphics Processor:1 x D-Sub port|
|Audio||Realtek® ALC887 codec|
High Definition Audio
* To configure 7.1-channel audio, you have to use an HD front panel audio module and enable the multi-channel audio feature through the audio driver.
|LAN||1 x Atheros GbE LAN chip (10/100/1000 Mbit)|
|Expansion Slots||1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16|
(The PCI Express x16 slot conforms to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
* PCIE Gen.3 is dependent on CPU and expansion card compatibility.
2 x PCI Express x1 slots
(The PCI Express x1 slots conform to PCI Express 2.0 standard.)
|Storage Interface||4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors supporting up to 4 SATA 3Gb/s devices|
|USB||Up to 8 USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)|
|Internal I/O Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector|
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
4 x SATA 3Gb/s connectors
1 x CPU fan header
1 x system fan header
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
1 x parallel port header
1 x serial port header
1 x clearing CMOS jumper
|Back Panel Connectors||1 x PS/2 keyboard port|
1 x PS/2 mouse port
1 x D-Sub port
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
1 x RJ-45 port
3 x audio jacks (Line In/Line Out/Microphone)
|I/O Controller||iTE IT8728 chip|
|H/W Monitoring||System voltage detection|
CPU/System temperature detection
CPU/System fan speed detection
CPU fan speed control
* Whether the CPU fan speed control function is supported will depend on the CPU cooler you install.
|BIOS||2 x 32 Mbit flash|
Use of licensed AWARD BIOS
Support for DualBIOS™
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.0, SM BIOS 2.4, ACPI 1.0b
|Unique Features||Support for @BIOS|
Support for Q-Flash
Support for Xpress BIOS Rescue
Support for Download Center
Support for Xpress Install
Support for Xpress Recovery2
Support for EasyTune
* Available functions in EasyTune may differ by motherboard model.
Support for Smart 6™
Support for Auto Green
Support for ON/OFF Charge
Support for Cloud OC
Support for 3TB+ Unlock
Support for Q-Share
|Bundled Software||Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)|
|Operating System||Support for Windows 8.1/8/7/XP|
|Form Factor||Micro ATX Form Factor; 19.0cm x 17.0cm|
|Note||Specifications and features can change without notice|
There are no reviews yet.