To ensure maximum Turbo Boost and overclocking performance of Intel‘s new generation CPU, GIGABYTE Z690 series equip the best VRM design ever built with the highest quality components.
PCIe 5.0 Design
GIGABYTE Z690 Motherboards are ready to work with the upcoming PCIe 5.0 devices which are expected to experience double bandwidth than the current PCIe 4.0 devices. To reach the high speed and maintain good signal integrity, GIGABYTE R&D uses the low impedance PCB to provide maximum performance.
Support for DDR4 XMP Up to 5333MHz and Beyond*
AORUS is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility with profiles up to 5333MHz and beyond. All users need to do to attain this performance boost is to ensure that their memory module is XMP capable and that the XMP function is activated and enabled on their AORUS motherboard.
Triple 7G/s Gen4 M.2 PCIe SSDs in RAID 0
Hybrid Cores Optimization
With new Intel Hybrid technology, GIGABYTE exclusively creates two new ” CPU Upgrade ” in BIOS profiles to meet different users’ scenarios by adjusting P-Core and E-Core activation and voltage policy.
DisplayPort™Alternate Mode with USB Power Delivery
VisionLINK equips with the unique capability of data delivery, the DisplayPort Alternate Mode for video signal, and 60W Power Delivery design for your devices charging. It’s a perfectly tailored connectivity for creators and professional artists.
Fully Covered MOSFET Heatsink
- Increased surface area up to 2X larger compared to traditional heatsinks. It improves heat dissipation from the MOSFETs.
- TMOS is a TRUE single piece heatsink. Its one-piece design and larger surface drastically improve the cooling performance against competitors’ multi-piece design.
- TMOS features several channels and inlets on the heatsink. This design allows for the air flow to go through which leads to a great improvement of the heat transfer performance.
AORUS M.2 Thermal Guard II
The M.2 Thermal Guard II uses a double-sided heatsink design and prevents throttling and bottlenecks on high-speed M.2 SSDs by dissipating heat before it becomes an issue.
3% Cooler by implementing
2x copper PCB Design
Adopting 2x copper on PCB inner layer, it lowers the components’ temperature at least 3% by turning the PCB into a super-thin PCB size copper heatsink to dissipate the heat from the components effectively, due to its high thermal conductivity and lower impedance.
First adopter on 2.5 GbE LAN onboard
- Adoption of 2.5G LAN provide up to 2.5 GbE network connectivity, with at least 2 times faster transfer speeds compared to general 1GbE networking, perfectly designed for gamers with ultimate online gaming experience.
- Support Multi-Gig(10/100/1000/2500Mbps) RJ-45 Ethernet
WiFi 6 802.11ax + BT 5 Module
The wireless solution supports 802.11ax, enables gigabit wireless performance, provides smooth video streaming, a better gaming experience, few dropped connections, and speeds up to 2.4Gbps*. Moreover, Bluetooth 5 provides a 4X range over BT 4.2 and with faster transmission.
Connecting the Future – USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 Type-C®
Featuring the USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 design which is doubled the performance than the previous generation of USB 3.2 Gen 2. It works up to 20Gbps ultra-fast data transfer while connecting to USB 3.2 compliant peripherals. Through the USB Type-C® connector, users can enjoy the flexibility of reversible connection to access and store massive amounts of data rapidly.
Multi-Zone Light Show Design
Now offering more LED customizations than ever, users can truly adapt their PC to represent their lifestyle. With full RGB support and a redesigned RGB Fusion 2.0 application, the user has complete control over the LEDs which surround the motherboard.
- All new EASY MODE shows important hardware information in one page including CPU clock, Memory, Storage, Fan.
- Add constantly used items into the favorite menu for quick access.
- Show all kinds of storage information including SATA, PCIE and M.2 interface.
- List all changes before saving and exiting bios. Quickly review overall settings modification.
- Clearly show each loadline calibration setting in an intuitive curve graph.
GIGABYTE’s EasyTune™ is a simple and easy-to-use interface that allows users to fine-tune their system settings or adjust system and memory clocks and voltages in a Windows environment. With Smart Quick Boost, one-click is all it takes to automatically overclock your system, giving an added performance boost when you need it the most.
Full Specifications of Gigabyte Z690 AORUS Elite AX V2 DDR4 Motherboard
|CPU||LGA1700 socket: Support for 12th Generation Intel® Core™, Pentium® Gold and Celeron® Processors*|
L3 cache varies with CPU
* Please refer to “CPU Support List” for more information.
|Chipset||Intel® Z690 Express Chipset|
|Memory||Support for DDR4 5333(O.C.)/ DDR4 5133(O.C.)/DDR4 5000(O.C.)/4933(O.C.)/4800(O.C.)/ 4700(O.C.)/ 4600(O.C.)/ 4500(O.C.)/ 4400(O.C.)/ 4300(O.C.)/4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200 / 3000 / 2933 / 2800 / 2666 / 2400 / 2133 MHz memory modules|
4 x DDR DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB (32 GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory
Dual channel memory architecture
Support for ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8 memory modules (operate in non-ECC mode)
Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM 1Rx8/2Rx8/1Rx16 memory modules
Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules
(Please refer “Memory Support List” for more information.)
|Onboard Graphics||Integrated Graphics Processor-Intel® HD Graphics support:1 x HDMI port, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096×2160@60 Hz|
* Support for HDMI 2.1 version and HDCP 2.3.
** Support native HDMI 2.1 TMDS compatible ports.
1 x DisplayPort, supporting a maximum resolution of 4096×2304@60 Hz
* Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version and HDCP 2.3
(Graphics specifications may vary depending on CPU support.)
|Audio||Realtek® ALC1220-VB CODEC|
* The back panel line out jack supports DSD audio.
High Definition Audio
2-channel analog output
Support for S/PDIF Out
7.1-channel digital signals
* Actual output of digital signals may vary depending on the playback content and software used, and an external DAC is required.
|LAN||Realtek® 2.5GbE LAN chip (2.5 Gbps/1 Gbps/100 Mbps)|
|Wireless Communication module||Intel® Wi-Fi 6 AX201:WIFI a, b, g, n, ac, ax, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band|
Support for 11ax 160MHz wireless standard and up to 2.4 Gbps data rate
* Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment.
|Expansion Slots||1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16)|
* For optimum performance, if only one PCI Express graphics card is to be installed, be sure to install it in the PCIEX16 slot.
(The PCIEX16 slot conforms to PCI Express 5.0 standard.)
2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x4 (PCIEX4_1, PCIEX4_2)
(The PCIEX4 slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.)
|Multi-Graphics Technology||Support for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire™ and 2-Way AMD CrossFire™ technologies|
1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2A_CPU)
1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 SATA and PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2M_SB)
2 x M.2 connectors (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 PCIe 4.0 x4/x2 SSD support) (M2Q_SB/M2P_SB)
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
Intel® Optane™ Memory Ready
* System acceleration with Intel® Optane™ Memory can only be enabled on the M.2 connectors supported by the Chipset.
1 x USB Type-C® port on the back panel, with USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 support
1 x USB Type-C® port with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support, available through the internal USB header
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red) on the back panel
5 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (3 ports on the back panel, 2 ports available through the internal USB header)
Chipset+2 USB 2.0 Hub:
8 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports (4 ports on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers)
|Internal I/O Connectors||1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector|
1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
1 x CPU fan header
1 x water cooling CPU fan header
3 x system fan headers
1 x system fan/water cooling pump header
2 x addressable LED strip headers
2 x RGB LED strip headers
4 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors
6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors
1 x front panel header
1 x front panel audio header
1 x USB Type-C® header, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support
1 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 header
2 x USB 2.0/1.1 headers
2 x Thunderbolt™ add-in card connectors
1 x Trusted Platform Module header (For the GC-TPM2.0 SPI/GC-TPM2.0 SPI 2.0 module only)
1 x reset button
1 x Q-Flash Plus button
1 x reset jumper
1 x Clear CMOS jumper
＊All fan headers are subject to support AIO_Pump, Pump, and high-performance fan with the capability of delivering up to 2A/12V @ 24W.
|Back Panel Connectors||1 x USB Type-C® port, with USB 3.2 Gen 2×2 support|
2 x USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type-A ports (red)
3 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports
4 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports
2 x SMA antenna connectors (2T2R)
1 x HDMI port
1 x DisplayPort
1 x RJ-45 port
1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector
2 x audio jacks
|I/O Controller||iTE® I/O Controller Chip|
|H/W Monitoring||Voltage detection|
Fan speed detection
Water cooling flow rate detection
Fan fail warning
Fan speed control
* Whether the fan (pump) speed control function is supported will depend on the fan (pump) you install.
|BIOS||1 x 256 Mbit flash|
Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS
PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0
|Unique Features||Support for APP Center|
* Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications.
System Information Viewer
Support for Q-Flash Plus
Support for Q-Flash
Support for Xpress Install
|Bundled Software||Norton® Internet Security (OEM version)|
|Operating System||Support for Windows 11 64-bit|
Support for Windows 10 64-bit
|Form Factor||ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 24.4cm|
|Note||Specifications and Features can change at any time without notice|